Wednesday, November 9

childlike

zenhabits is one of the blogs I read occasionally (and one that makes me feel a little inadequate because they seem so all-together). Today I was reading a post about being childlike and it made me realise how lucky I am to have children. To have the opportunity to experience the world through their eyes and minds is a magical thing and a rare gift.

It is a wonderful thing that after a hard day at work I can come home and, within a few minutes, my mood is transformed - sometimes by the simplest comment from one of my children.

Of course it doesn't always last and (usually around bed time) things start to be a little less rosy. But those moments of joy far out-weigh any of the other issues and there's nothing that is ever so bad that it can't be solved with a cuddle and a giggle.

At lease when emotions turn on the spot so quickly they can just as easily turn back again. I think that's one of the best things about kids - despite their seeming complexity they manage, in a way, to help keep us parents simple.

No comments: